Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Nursery

Luke's Room



It took me forever to finish his name above the crib. I ordered raw, wooden letters and fabric samples back in January. I cut out the fabric and glued it to each letter. Some were more tricky than others, and the fabrics are not all the same material. The real hold up was finding a bedding that was satisfying to me. I wanted bold earth tones in geometric shapes. Do you know how incredibly hard it is to find bedding when you have something very specific in mind?! I should have found bedding first, then themed the nursery around that. It took months! When I found this safari-themed bedding, I decided I could live with it, and here it is. I think it actually fits in well, and I'm pleased. I found some green ribbon that resembled the green in the bedding the closest. I hot glued them to the letters, took a few measurements, then nailed them to the wall. Tada! LUKE. 
I told Josh, "His name is for real permanent now. No changing it. That took me forever!" He just laughed. He humors me as he knows I had nothing better to do on bedrest anyway. He still hasn't made a final decision on a middle name yet, though. I'm not rushing it. I figured when we are filling out Luke's birth certificate information, he'll have thought of something very fitting. I hope...

The dresser is now full of onesies, diapers, wipes, sheets, you name it. All thanks to some awesome friends and family! 



We still need a side table and lamp to go by our glider in that empty space on the right. Josh is wanting to put a bench-type seat under the length of the window. He found one at Kirklands with a cushion on the top and wicker baskets underneath for storage that he likes. He said it would be a good starter for holding toys. There's a reason, among many, that I married this guy. 

Miles loves the rug

And the tiger...

Actually, tiger is pretty popular. Tank curled up on him and slept while I sat in the glider and read. Bless it. 

Well, there ya have it. Can't wait to bring our little man home now! 

1 comment: