Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby Shower

The morning didn't start out very well.

My hands and legs were swollen when I woke up, before I even got out of bed! I lay on my hands a lot when I sleep, but I was still a little concerned, nonetheless. I decided to check my BP. It was 118/90. That sounds great, but keep in mind I take a huge dosage of Procardia (nifedipine) twice a day to control contractions. That is a medication to control high blood pressure, by the way, and my BP is usually 100's/60's. After the baby shower, I noticed in the pictures how swollen my face and legs were. I was on my feet a lot more than I should have been, and I may have overdid it that morning a tad. 

The baby shower was wonderful, though! It was casual and coed, very laid back. About 50-55 people came to our home to celebrate with us. We had lots of food, mostly BBQ as that was our theme. As for the weather, it didn't rain and was in the high 50s. Not too bad. Everyone was so generous. It was overwhelming. We received so many wonderful gifts and lots of love. I didn't take one single picture. My mom took 300+ pictures! I took the time to crop, straighten, and sharpen most of the images. I deleted duplicates and really blurry ones. I also took some extra time to put some fun touches on some of them. I ended up with a little over 150 pictures. I won't post them all on my blog, but I'll recap with a few of my favorites...


The invitations that I made










My dear friend Meghna's beautiful sash that she made me. It was such a hit, and I received so many compliments. 

I need to get started on my thank you cards now. I have LOTS to write. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this update! Sounds like such an incredible shower and so many awesome friends and family supporting y'all!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for posting all the photos - makes me feel like I was there! You are so absolutely beautiful and I don't see the swelling. :) Love to you, Josh, and Luke. BTW, love the diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete