Sunday, March 10, 2013

In The Making

Just wanted to share some fun stuff...

I made this "diaper trike" for my own baby shower as a centerpiece. I've made diaper cakes before, but this was my 1st attempt at a diaper tricycle. And I have to say, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out!

Meet "Stretch." He was sitting in a glider that Josh and I tested out at Babies R Us back in the early months. He was so soft and cuddly. We had just decided (that day I think) that we were going to do the African safari theme for the nursery, so Josh wanted to buy him for Luke. We did. He sat on Josh's nightstand for a few months, and maybe even in bed with him a time or two ☺️ I found it highly appropriate to put a pair of Luke's shoes that my mom got for him on Stretch and put him on the trike for Luke's baby shower.

This is a beautiful maternity sash that you wear around the top of your belly with a ribbon. A dear friend of mine made this for me. We are currently two peas in a very close pod. We are pregnant 4 days apart, both in preterm labor, cervical issues, bedrest, the whole shabang! She is an absolute doll and a lifesaver when it comes to needing someone to relate to in the insanity of preterm labor. And it was so sweet of her to make this beautiful sash for me. I plan to wear this at my baby shower instead of the traditional corsage that the mother-to-be usually wears. I will upload lots of pictures from the baby shower if we make it that far (fingers crossed)! It is on March 23rd, and I will be exactly 33 weeks.
I found a girl on etsy to custom make this outfit for Luke as his coming-home-from-the-hospital outfit. I also want to use it in his newborn portraits. It was just a listing for the hat and leg warmers. She worked with me to create a matching onesie and made it a preemie size for me. She even made the hat in a preemie size with a roll-up brim to adjust to fit his head. I told her I was in preterm labor and wasn't sure if he would be early or closer to term. I told her how big that ole head of his was measuring, though lol. She told me last, minute before she shipped it, that she made me another onesie in a newborn size and another hat in a larger size "just in case" at no additional charge. How sweet of her?! I have an adorable little grey vest that will go with it, too! I can't wait to pack it in his hospital bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment