Friday, March 8, 2013

Hiccups

The swab test to rule out active labor in the next 7-10 days was negative again! Hard to even believe, especially after believing it was positive at first-long story for another day. I'm just so grateful it was negative! Hopefully, that gets us to the baby shower in 2 weeks! The minimum I am trying to hold out at this point is 34 weeks. 34 weeks gets us to a crucial stage that typically requires minimal NICU stay.

My cervix appeared to shorten quite a bit, though. From 18 mm to 13.6 mm. It's been losing about 1 mm every week, but lost over 4 mm this week. My Perinatologist wasn't overly concerned. She said she typically sees cervixes at 15 mm by 32-34 weeks, so I wasn't too far off of the 'normal' tracks. I told her my contractions had been getting closer together more frequently and stronger. She increased the dosage on my BP meds for the contractions, and we figured that was probably what shortened it so much in a week. Not too mention, we had a major renovation in our house done this week. And that wasn't stressful at all. Read: sarcasm.

My Peri really likes the negative fetal fibronectin test, though. She took great assurance in that, as did I. She has a lot of confidence that we are going to make it to 34 weeks at a bare minimum, possibly full term, believe it or not! She said they have to induce preterm labor patients at full term quite often. That makes me feel confident.

Prior to the cervical check, we got to check out little man. His BPP score was 8 out of 8 again. Love that. And he had the hiccups during the scan! It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Josh and I laughed and smiled so much while we watched him hiccup on the screen. His little chest bounced, and his little bottom lipped sort of sucked in and quivered when he hiccuped. I'm telling you, it just made my day! Did I mention it was the most adorable thing that I've ever seen?! Because it was! And we got some cute 3D pics! I have an anterior placenta, so his face was partially covered by it, but they are still cute nonetheless.







No comments:

Post a Comment