Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bathroom Spider

I went a step above becoming a juror of my peers today and went straight to being the judge. I let 2 spiders live. Yes, me. I'm notoriously afraid of spiders. Anything with more than four legs (or no legs at all, for that matter) freak me out!

I wash Luke's bottles in my bathroom sink exclusively. I've dedicated my vanity to it. I fill the sink with hot water and some natural, organic, hippie dish liquid soap or something like that, and I let the bottles soak. It's like a nice spa day for the bottles. All detoxing and shit. Or so I hope since I fill them with Pit's milk. On two separate occasions, I've found a flea in the water. Yikes! Can't ingesting those nasty little things can give you tape worms?? Ugh even more gross. I have 3 dogs. Fleas, dog hair, that stuff is inevitable. But in my bottles' spa water?! Damn. I found some new little bug in the toasty, bubbly water today. Damn. I was so frustrated. 

Not only do I kill spiders in my home out of fear, they are also a delightful buffet for house centipedes and those top my list of scary, disgusting shit. They have 567,389 legs and can run 687 MPH. Scary shit I tell ya! *Shudders* I HATE them, and I don't want their food in my house! They keep showing up in my bathroom on occasion. *Shudders* Which is also where my spiders seem to be hanging out, all in the open and what not. 

I was doing my hair, minding my business, and spotted two of the eight-legged-mobile-centipede-buffets just chillin in the corners of the ceiling above me.
I decided to let them hang out, indefinitely. They love the little buggies that are attracted to my sink for droplets of leftover milk. No harm. They're just trying to catch a meal, too. I can respect that. As long as they don't go trying to repel while I'm sitting under them, they will live. Another condition is as long as I don't find another creepy house centipede in my bathroom. *Shudders*



*Update: 8-22-13. Spider #2 came to his demise. He broke my conditions. He was in my territory one morning while I was getting ready for work. It was very clear this area was off limits. On top of that, allowing those two to live in the corners of my bathroom sent a message to all of their buddies that it was the new hang out. Two more decided to join. They were terminated due to being in areas too close for comfort for me. The one pictured above wasn't having any success obtaining food, but he followed the rules and stayed well above the living quarters of the bathroom and made a new home in the corner over Josh's sink. I believe he has since died due to starvation. Rest in peace bathroom spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment