Saturday, January 19, 2013

Letter to Baby

Dear Son,

Today marks a big day! We are 24 weeks pregnant, and professionals say this is a point of viability. It means that there would be a "chance" of survival if you were born right now. I'd like to keep you around a little longer, though. We don't want to "chance" anything with you!

Your daddy and I have been working on your room, finally. I hope you like it! Daddy liked the idea of an African Safari. So, we ran with it! We decided on a real safari theme as opposed to the more cartoony version. I can't wait to teach you how to say the names of the animals. I sat in the floor in your room rubbing my belly and imagined holding you in my arms soon. I can't wait for that moment. You mean so much to me. I'm not sure you'll ever fully comprehend until you have a little one of your own someday, but it's amazing!

I can't wait for you to meet your daddy, too! He loves you so much already. He holds my belly and gives you lots of kisses. He tells you he loves you and calls you "little buddy" all of the time. You are getting so much bigger and stronger! It blows daddy's mind how hard you can kick him already. He smiles and laughs and says, "Oh man!" when he feels your roundhouses. Something about his touch calms you. When you are rambunctious and kicking up a storm, daddy can place his hand on my belly and you calm right down. I look forward to this magical touch after you are born!

I stare at your ultrasound pictures trying to fathom what you will look like. I dream of you often, too. I can't tell you enough how much you have consumed my world already. You are and always will be my everything. We are so blessed to get to watch you grow on ultrasounds. We can't wait to watch you grow up right in front of us! Daddy is going to seem like a pretty tough guy on you sometimes when you get older, but he already has so much love for you that it gets him pretty choked up sometimes.

We look forward to your much anticipated arrival in a few short months (no sooner, please!).

Love always,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Aww this is awesome. So happy and excited for you all.

    ReplyDelete